Sunday 8 January 2012

So I have too many cookbooks

I buy them, and then not make anything from them.  Don't get me wrong, I cook.  But I don't give myself time to make things from the books that I have before I go on the hunt for more books.  So I have set myself a new years task... Call it a resolution if you like, but after organising my books into one place on their new bookshelf.  I have decided there is far too many that I have not explored or cooked from. 
I seem to have become obsessed with the cook book.  I read them, drool over them, and then put them away.
So my task is, to make at least one recipe a week from my collection. And then post it and review it.
At this stage I will only be doing one a week as I am trying to lose weight.  So my recipe book meal will be my "splurge" meal of the week.  If I find some that I can take to work to get rid of or healthier ones, I may do more than one.  But the commitment is, one a week.  I am going to explore my cookbooks and hope others have fun doing it with me. 

1 comment: